Available since version 1.5.0
Frequently, access control entries need to be copied from one environment to another without copying the actual content itself, just the access control entries. This user interface allows you to define and build packages containing access control entries for particular paths and/or particular principals.
How to Use
- Log in to AEM Author
- Navigate to the Classic UI Tools Console (from the Touch UI, this is Tools:Operations:Configuration)
- Under the
acs-commmonsfolder, create a folder named
packagers(NOTE: As of 1.6.0, this folder is created automatically)
- Under the
packagersfolder, create a new Page of Template type “ACL Packager”
- Use the Edit dialog to configure the package rules and configuration
- The Preview button output a list of the access control entries which will be packaged.
- The Create Package button (cut off in the above screenshot!)… creates the package
- Now that the Package definition has been created, go to CRX Package Manager by clicking on one of the links in the result message, Build and Download the package.
- Version 1.8.0 excludes
.tokensnodes when packaging principals that caused problems when installing on AEM6/Oak repositories.